FINE Lather Bowl
Building a proper shaving lather on your face, with a brush and a traditional shaving soap or cream, is a great first step to improving your shave. However, if you want the most luxurious lather your soap or cream can possibly produce, you simply must have a lather bowl. The Fine Lather Bowl has been thoughtfully designed, from the ground up, just for this purpose.
When evaluating a bowl as a potential vessel in which to build a shaving lather, there are several criteria to consider, including:
- Storage - your vanity real estate is limited and valuable. The Fine Lather Bowl is the first to support wall mounting with integrated StaticHole® Technology. The bowl works perfectly with 3M Command Medium Wire Hooks which are available almost everywhere, hold up to three pounds, and do not damage wall surfaces.
- Grip - Working with a presumably delicate item, in wet and soapy conditions, over a hard surface, and doing so on a daily basis, requires a tool that’s easy to hold on to. The handle on the Fine Lather Bowl is just right for slipping your thumb thru while it is held in the palm of your hand.
- Texture - When making a lather, a degree of texture to your bowl aids in more quickly aerating your soap or cream. The Fine Lather bowl features low profile ribs for just this purpose.
- Color - As you get to know the lathering properties of a particular soap or cream, you’ll appreciate the color contrast between a dark bowl surface and your pure white lather to best evaluate the existing state of said properties. All Fine Lather Bowls sport a dark colored inner bowl.
- Brush Handling - Traditional wet shaving generally requires multiple shaving passes - which results in the need for multiple lathers as well. Between these lathers your brush needs a home. The brush holder integrated into the handle of the Fine Lather Bowl provides the perfect place to set your brush, while keeping it from sliding into the slippery lather itself.
- Style - Lather bowls are a bulky piece of equipment when compared to other toiletries, and as such, most bathrooms are not well equipped to conveniently store such an item. Thus the bowl becomes part of your bathroom decor. Fine Lather Bowls sport two-tone, hand-dipped colored glazes for a clean and distinct look.
The Fine Lather Bowl with StaticHole☺ Technology is best used with a brush that has been pre-loaded with soap or with an almond sized dollop of cream. It is not intended to replace a shaving mug for soap storage and brush loading, but to complement it.